Brain Food // Top 10 Paleo Picks
I’ve been feeling rather lethargic lately, both in body and mind. Perhaps in part to the financial stress I’ve been facing with start-up costs, and perhaps in part to working 40 hours a week for a company I no longer believe in. Circumstance is an easy scapegoat when it comes to stress and fatigue. Assuming responsibility requires active participation.
We often fail to consider just how healing food can be. The food we put into our mouths nourishes our body and fuels our brain. The ticket out of my day job is to work overtime on business development, this may require 50, 60 or 70 hour work weeks for a temporary period of time. The only way to maintain is to treat food as fuel and eat for energy.
Top 10 Primal Picks for Productivity
1. Matcha Tea
2. Leafy Greens Green leafy vegetables are a quality source of B-Vitamins, which are “proven to help your memory, focus, and overall brain health and power.”
3. Coconut Oil Coconut oil has been associated with improved thyroid function, resulting in increased metabolism, energy and endurance.
5. Water No-brainer or not, every single function of your body is dependent upon water. Water is critical when it comes to cellular productivity and functional effectiveness. Adequate hydration will lead to increased focus, concentration and creativity.
6. Eggs Egg yolks contain the nutrient choline which has been linked to improved memory function and overall cognitive performance. Egg whites are out. Eat the whole egg!
7. Chia Seeds Omega-3 fatty acids have been associated with “aiding memory, mental performance and behavioral function.” Sounds good to me!
9. Cacao Raw chocolate contains a fair amount of magnesium, natures stress-reliever. Plus, as an aphrodisiac, chocolate is associated with increasing endorphins and releasing serotonin.
10. Broccoli Broccoli is a great source of Vitamin K, known to enhance cognitive function and improve brain power.
http://www.webmd.com http://www.livestrong.com http://www.doctoroz.com http://www.marksdailyapple.com FoundR magazine
#primal #healthcoach #nitrates #cognition #vitamins #aphrodisiac #eatingforenergy #antioxidant #minerals #concentration #energy #nutritious #cleanfuel #productive #paleo #endurance #focus #healthy #foodforfuel #spreadhealthsharewealth #eattherainbow #clarity #findmyfitcoach